Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ALDISS, GIBSON & UNDERHILL PAINTED

RAY will get finished tomorrow/Friday and be up this weekend. Until then, here are 3 out of the 4 bots in the first paint scheme (of many) "Boomer 5.0". It was inspired by my love of rusty refrigerators and cars from the mid 20th century. All the bots will have a certain amount of wear and tear, but this group being inspired by reference photos set mainly in junk yards (or people's yards... for whatever reason) look ever worse for wear. I blame George Lucas for generating my love for all things worn and battered. Growing up on his "used universe", I saw, beautifully demonstrated, how to give any strange 3D concept instant realism. Ralph McQuarrie's awesome concept design certainly doesn't hurt either. I'm going to look into gold auto spray paint... see if I can't do a little homage to 3PO ala Dune Sea grime.

ALDISS-327 (4.25" tall)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


GIBSON (2.5" tall)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


UNDERHILL (2.75" tall)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


GROUP SHOTS

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, check out the other blog I put up this week (below) that, for once, is more than just updates: 10 Things I Love and 10 Things I Hate in the Art World.

No comments:

Post a Comment